The AutoCAD®/AutoCAD LT® 2018: Fundamentals training is designed for those using AutoCAD® or AutoCAD LT® 2018 with a Windows operating system.
The objective of AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT 2018: Fundamentals is to enable participants to create a basic 2D drawing in the AutoCAD software.
Part 1 (chapters 1 to 20) covers the essential core topics for working with the AutoCAD software. The teaching strategy is to start with a few basic tools that enable the participant to create and edit a simple drawing, and then continue to develop those tools. More advanced tools are introduced throughout the training. Not every command or option is covered, because the intent is to show the most essential tools and concepts, such as:
- Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface.
- Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools.
- Organizing drawing objects on layers.
- Inserting reusable symbols (blocks).
- Preparing a layout to be plotted.
- Adding text, hatching, and dimensions.
Part 2 (chapters 21 to 32) continues with more sophisticated techniques that extend your mastery of the software. For example, here you go beyond the basic skill of inserting a block to learning how to create blocks, and beyond the basic skill of using a template to understand the process of setting up a template. You learn skills such as:
- Using more advanced editing and construction techniques.
- Adding parametric constraints to objects.
- Creating local and global blocks.
- Setting up layers, styles, and templates.
- Using advanced plotting and publishing options.
This training refers to both the AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT software as the AutoCAD software. All topics, including features and commands, relate to both the AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT software unless specifically noted otherwise.